Antibacterial & Odor Control: Marketing & Technology Advancements Conference
October 16-17, 2019
Sheraton Imperial Hotel, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Our 2019 conference will focus on regulations and consumer marketing claims, novel technologies geared towards reducing pathogenic bacteria on medical/healthcare textiles, as well as sustainability of odor control chemistries, an important component of our industry now and well into the future. Our final two sessions will tackle the testing front.
In our penultimate session, we will explore the current state of odor control efficacy testing and the tremendous task of determining which chemistries work and which do not. To wrap it up, AATCC Committee RA75, Evaluation of Materials and Products for End Use Performance, will present the results of an industry-wide survey designed to capture the state-of-knowledge and the state-of-technology (particularly in testing) in the antibacterial/odor control and textile industries. Ultimately, the goal of this survey is to understand how AATCC can better serve the testing needs of this increasingly complex industry.
Presentations and speakers confirmed to date include:
- Federal Regulation of Treated Articles—John Hebert, EPA
- Marketing Impacts EPA Registration/Testing Requirements: Are You Stepping Over the Line—Rhonda Jones, Scientific & Regulatory Consultants, Inc.
- Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing of Solid Wound Dressings Combined with Drugs—Brandon Kitchel, FDA
- Biologically Derived Antimicrobials for Textile Applications—Avni Argun, Giner Inc.
- Combating Candida auris: A Global Fungal Threat to Vulnerable Patients—Jillian Vocke, Medline Industries
- Role of Antimicrobial Textile in Fight Against Hospital Acquired Infection (HAI)—Shazia Siddiqui, NAMSA
- Moving Cotton into the 21st century: Antimicrobial Textiles—Jasmine Cox, Gaston College
- Reducing Water Use and the Carbon Footprint of Textile Maintenance Through Odor Control—Jim Krueger, International Antimicrobial Council
- A Green Wardrobe: Communicating A Sustainability Message at Retail— Karen Howland, Blink
- Sustainability Beyond Manufacturing & Logistics—Rick Basinger, 1888 Mills LLC
- Global Antimicrobial and Anti-Odor Performance Testing Standards—Robert Monticello, International Antimicrobial Council
- Body Odor and Clothing – Is Your Product Ready for the Fight?—Ben Mead, Hohenstein Group
- Odor in Textiles – Understanding the Whole Picture from a Testing Perspective—R. Bryan Ormond, North Carolina State University, Wilson College of Textiles
- Sensory Evaluation Methods for Measurement of Odor Reduction in Textiles—Michael McGinley, St. Croix Sensory Inc.
- The Highs and Lows of Using Human Subjects in the Assessment of Textile Odor—Rachel McQueen, University of Alberta
- Textile Malodor: Why Laundering Isn’t Always Enough—Lisa Powers, DuPont
Program updates will be posted to this site as available.
|AATCC Individual & Corporate* Members||Nonmembers|
(October 1, 2019)
|*If your company is a corporate member of AATCC, you must download the registration form and register offline to receive the member price.|
|AATCC offers complimentary registration to student members, space permitting; attendance confirmed 10 days out from event (does not include food & beverage functions). Nonmember students may attend at a cost of US$125 (includes food & beverage functions). To register contact Kim Nicholson.|
Refunds will be honored if cancellations are received on or before October 8, 2019. No refunds will be given after October 8. A US$75 cancellation fee will be charged.
If using the downloadable registration form, please complete the form, save it, and return it via email attachment to Kim Nicholson.
You are invited to join us as a tabletop exhibitor at our evening reception on Wednesday, October 16.
The tabletop exhibits will be open during the reception from 5:15 – 7:00 pm. Each exhibitor will be provided with a 6’ draped table for displaying their products and services. Displays need to be confined to the surface of the tabletop. The fee for the tabletop is US$300. In order to sponsor a tabletop display you must be registered to attend the program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to reach potential customers. To reserve your tabletop complete and return the tabletop reservation form.
Sheraton Imperial Hotel
4700 Emperor Blvd,
Durham, NC 27703
Book your group rate for AATCC Antimicrobial AntiOdor Conference AATCC group rate of US$165/night.
The group rate will be available until 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on September 20, 2019, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Once the room block is filled the group rate will NOT be honored.
By attending this meeting, you give the Association consent to use any photos, videos, or images of you or
your likeness in any Association media or materials.
By registering for this event, you agree to have your name and contact information included on the list of attendees. This list will be provided to all participants of this event.