Applications due February 15.
The AATCC Foundation’s Varley Family Textile Technology Scholarship is a $7,500 scholarship that supports students pursuing a career or performing coursework in textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline at Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) or Cornell University College of Human Ecology.
- Undergraduate college student
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) or Cornell University College of Human Ecology
- Enrolled (with intended career goals) in the field(s) of textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science, or a related discipline
- SAT/ ACT scores or college/university GPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills in high school, college, and/or the community
- Financial need
- Work experience
Applications for the AATCC Foundation Varley Family Textile Technology Scholarship are accepted through February 15.
Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by May 30.
Application REQUIRES a faculty letter of recommendation. You may add the letter to your application or faculty may email it directly to Debra Hibbard.
For questions, contact AATCC Foundation Inc at 919.549.3524 or email Debra Hibbard.
Gerald M. Varley
The AATCC Foundation Varley Family Textile Technology Scholarship is in memory of Gerald M. Varley, who attended North Carolina State University College of Textiles on a King George VI Memorial Fellowship. After a career at Canadian Celanese, Uniroyal, and William Heller, he founded Varley Textile Associates and, in 1986, co-founded Vartest. Over 30 years, Vartest, located in New York City, has become the preeminent textile laboratory, supporting local companies involved in sourcing globally, as well as manufacturers of fiber, yarn, fabric, and apparel domestically and worldwide.