Applications due March 31.
AATCC Foundation is pleased to partner with the National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) to offer the Paul T. O’Day Scholarship.
Eligible applicants must have at least one parent or guardian employed by an NCTO member company and/or organization. Applicants may be the sons or daughters, legally adopted children, or stepchildren of any active employee of an NCTO member company. Non-dues paying members of NCTO are not eligible for this program.
The Paul T. O’Day Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship that may be awarded for up to four years, for a cumulative scholarship of $20,000. Applicants may pursue any area of study supportive of the American fiber industry. This includes, but is not limited to business, marketing, design, accounting, or engineering.
- Undergraduate students (including rising freshmen)
- Four-year college or university OR two-year college
- Parent or guardian employed by an NCTO member company and/or organization
- Career goals in support of the American fiber industry
In addition, recipients must:
- Remain continuously enrolled throughout the academic year unless called for military service or affected by serious illness
- Carry a course load sufficient to be classified as a full-time student
- Notify the Foundation of any changes in his or her educational plans, including transfer or change of major; failure to do so may result in loss of the scholarship
- Enroll in a co-op program or attend summer school for the purpose of accelerating graduation
- Transfer to another school while receiving the scholarship
Scholarship recipients may renew the award annually by submitting a complete transcript showing a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5/4.0. The NCTO Scholarship Review Committee may request additional evidence of satisfactory progress toward graduation. Renewals for any individual will not be made more than once for students working toward two-year technical degrees or more than three times for students pursuing four-year degrees. Renewals will not be made for work beyond the undergraduate level.
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement explaining how this scholarship will assist studies in support of the American fiber industry. The statement may include details about choosing a school, selecting a curriculum, or planning a career. Personal information may be included to clarify the applicant’s comments.
- Honors and awards, including academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Community, church, or service activities
- SAT or ACT scores (high school seniors)
- Grade point average/ratio (GPA/GPR)
- GPA in major (college students)
- Financial need and other scholarships awarded
Applications due March 31. Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by May 30.
Application REQUIRES a faculty letter of recommendation. You may add the letter to your application or faculty may email it directly to Debra Hibbard.
You may be eligible for this and other AATCC Foundation scholarships. To access and complete the AATCC Foundation scholarship application form, click here.
For questions, contact AATCC Foundation Inc at 919.549.3524 or email Debra Hibbard.
Paul T. O’Day
The Paul T. O’Day Scholarship was established in honor of Paul T. O’Day, who served as President of the American Fiber Manufacturers Association (AFMA) for more than 30 years. After the merger of AFMA into NCTO, the NCTO Fiber Council voted to continue the scholarship, awarding it to a candidate from an NCTO Fiber Council member company for studies in support of the American fiber industry.
O’Day passed away on June 1, 2017, but his legacy and dedication to the fiber industry lives on through the continuation of the Paul T. O’Day Scholarship fund, which was set up in 2014 to help students pursue a degree in a fiber related field.