Applications due March 31.
The Kanti and Hansa Jasani Family Textile Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship offered to Indian citizens with a student visa or permanent residency, who are attending a university in the US.
- Undergraduate or graduate
- Indian citizen with Student Visa or Indian citizen with Green Card, Attending an accredited US university,
- Enrolled in a textile-related degree program
- Career goals in the fields of textile engineering, textile technology, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline.*
*As the names of degrees and departments change over time, students do not need to be in a program leading toward a degree explicitly in textile chemistry, technology, engineering, polymer, color, or dyeing. It will be left to the sole discretion of the Jasani Family Scholarship Committee to ensure that the worthy nominees are pursuing course work as intended by these Guidelines.
- SAT/ACT/TOEFL or GRE scores
- Demonstrated leadership skills in high school, college or the community
- Financial need
- Preference to students members of AATCC or those attending a school with an AATCC student chapter
Complete the AATCC Foundation Jasani application to be considered for this scholarship. Please note that this is a separate application from other Foundation undergraduate scholarships.
Applications due March 31. Recipients will be notified by May 30.
Applications must include:
- Resume or letter of work experience (including internships)
- Personal statement of 500 words or less, freely expressing interest in textile or related field, academic and professional aspirations, financial need and expectations, with particular emphasis on intended career following graduation
- Letter of support from teacher or faculty
- Copy of college transcripts (if currently attending college)
For questions, contact AATCC Foundation Inc at 919.549.3524 or email Debra Hibbard.