Now You Can Submit AATCC Journal of Research Papers Online through Peer Track! Peer Track now accepts ORCID IDs (free for authors), allowing authors and researchers to track all of an author’s published works.
For prospective authors! Annotated, example AATCC Journal of Research paper.
Welcome to the home page of AATCC’s peer-reviewed online e-journal, the
AATCC Journal of Research! This textile research journal has a broad scope: from advanced materials, fibers, and textile and polymer chemistry, to color science, apparel design, and sustainability.
Now indexed by Science Citation Index Extended (SCIE) and discoverable in the Clarivate Analytics Web of Science Core Collection! The Journal’s impact factor is available in Journal Citation Reports.
AATCC Journal of Research:
ISSN 2330-5517 (online)
ISSN 2472-3444 (annual print)
Nonmember individuals, organizations, and libraries may subscribe.
Agencies receive a 10% discount on subscriptions.
Back issues are available on Ingenta Connect, if you are interested in purchasing back volumes of AATCC Journal of Research contact the Publications department. For the Annual print edition of AATCC Journal of Research, submit the back issue order form.
Reprints or digital files of individual articles are an effective way to highlight your company’s technology or your professional expertise.
- Purchase of reprints entitles you to distribution of quantity purchased.
- Prices listed are for files only.
- No permission is required for “fair use” of digital files.
- Authors may include a copy of the file (electronic or printed) in their curriculum vitae or professional portfolio.
- For permission to scan, copy, or distribute by other means, please see the AATCC permissions policy on the “Get Permission” tab or visit Copyright Clearance Center (CCC).
If you are a current nonmember subscriber to AATCC Journal of Research and AATCC Review electronic publications and are having trouble accessing the publications please contact the circulation manager immediately or IngentaConnect for help.
If you are a current nonmember subscriber to AATCC Journal of Research and AATCC Review print and have not received your printed issues, contact the circulation manager immediately for a replacement.
Bliss Coleman, Design, Production & Circulation
phone +1 919 549 3543
fax +1 919 549 8933
AATCC Journal of Research Annual Print Edition Replacement Policy
- Print compilation copies of the AATCC Journal of Research are mailed out once annually, to non-member subscribers who have chosen the “print only” or “print + online” options on their subscription form. The printed compilation issue is not included in the subscription for members or “online only” nonmember subscribers; however, these may purchase a compilation issue separately, should they wish to have one.
- The print compilation is mailed out during the first quarter of the new year, for the previous year’s issue of the AATCC Journal of Research.
- You must notify AATCC within five months of the date an issue is mailed to receive a free replacement copy. You must have been a member/subscriber during the year for which you request a replacement copy.
- AATCC will verify your mailing address in our database. We will also verify that your subscription was active during the month of the requested issue. If the address is incorrect, we will make the appropriate changes and will resend the issue. A handling fee will apply. The handling fee is US$50 shipped within the USA and US$70 shipped internationally.
- If you place a claim for the AATCC Journal of Research annual print edition and if your address is correct in our system, but you did not receive the issue, a restocking and handling fee will apply. AATCC is not responsible for the reliability of any country’s postal system. US$80 for the edition to be shipped within USA or US$100 to be shipped internationally.
- The replacement issue will be shipped FedEx (or similar carrier) with a signature required to ensure delivery.
AATCC members have access to the electronic versions of AATCC Review and AATCC Journal of Research starting January 2014. Log in to the member services portion of the website and click on the “Members Only” button in the left hand navigation bar for viewing the magazine online or downloading it to your computer.
The AATCC Journal of Research is a scholarly, peer reviewed, online scientific journal of textiles and materials research. This includes original articles and review articles relating to the chemical and biochemical sciences; the fundamentals, applications, and management of materials; engineering; and the design and merchandising of fibrous materials of interest to the global textile community. The journal’s aim is to advance and disseminate knowledge in all areas pertinent to textile research including dyeing and coloration, quality testing, color communication, polymers, fibers, fabrics and their design, nanotechnology, processing and merchandising, sustainability, and waste treatment.
AATCC Copyright Policy
- Copyright for content published in AATCC journals, newsletters, books, e-books, or on its website belongs to AATCC unless otherwise noted.
- No permission is required for “fair use” of copyrighted material.
- For other uses, please contact Copyright Clearance Center (+1.978.750.8400) for permission.
- Authors must sign a copyright form before manuscripts are considered for publication. Conference presenters should also sign a copyright from. For exceptions, contact AATCC.
- AATCC does not accept previously-published manuscripts. (AATCC will consider
conference papers published only in the AATCC Conference Proceedings, with the permission of the conference organizer.)
- Authors must provide written permission (from the copyright holder) for use of any previously-published text, tables, figures, and photographs in their work.
- Authors must provide written permission from each person shown (or his/her guardian) in submitted photographs.
- Authors retain all rights to their data for use in future research and publications.
- Authors are granted generous rights to their published work, but must contact
AATCC before distribution. (Complete Author Permission Request.)
- The Author Permission Request form is for personal uses of the work only. Authors or their companies/institutions wishing to use the work for promotional or commercial purposes should contact Copyright Clearance Center (CCC). For questions regarding appropriate uses of published material, contact AATCC.
Personal Uses (See Author Permission Request form)
- Curriculum vitae or professional portfolio
- Posting to personal website or personal page of company site
- Republish a selected table or figure in future work
- Use a selected table or figure in a PowerPoint or poster presentation
- Classroom handouts or reserves
Commercial Uses (Contact CCC)
- Promotional brochure
- Posting to company site as news or resource material
- Republish full article in a textbook
- Republish full or excerpted article in a conference book of papers
- Tradeshow handouts