Applications dye September 30.
This grant program assists undergraduate and graduate students with research in textile chemistry and on textile-related projects. The purpose is to encourage original research in textile design, materials, processing, and testing. Research findings will be made available to the public and will be used in the education of college and university students. Grants range from $500 to $4,000.
- All undergraduate and graduate levels
- Textile-related research project
See Guidelines for Student Research Support Grant Program.
- Priority to projects that involve laboratory and end-use correlation studies, wet processing research, or other topics identified by the Foundation.
- Importance and practical value to textile science
- Relevancy to current activities, issues, and/or needs of textile processing
- Scientific contributions to the field of textiles
- Experimental design and methodology
- Applicant’s ability to conduct the proposed research
- Feasibility of conducting the proposed research, based on size and scope of project,
facilities, and cost
- Anticipated presentation at technical programs such as the AATCC International Conference, or technical committee meetings, and/or publication in technical textile magazines, journals or conference proceedings
Complete the AATCC Foundation Research Grant APPLICATION FORM and submit to Yiqi Yang to be considered for a grant.
Applications due September 30. Recipients will be announced in November. Funds will be paid to the university in January of the next year.
Reporting Completed Research
AATCC Foundation requests the faculty advisor and student to complete the Student Research Support Project Report Form shortly after the project has been completed, but no later than December 31; this form should be sent to Dr. Yiqi Yang and Debra Hibbard.
Grant recipients may request an additional reimbursement of up to $500 for travel and/or registration to present the research project at a technical conference.
Reimbursement will be determined based on the project and the event. Priority will be given to presentations at the AATCC International Conference or other AATCC programs.
Obtain pre-approval before making travel arrangements. Submit receipts immediately following the presentation.