AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergent- Powder: Are you Using the Correct Type?
AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergent Powder comes in two versions: With Brightener (W/B) and Without Optical Brightener (WOB). Labs and mills may have a myriad of reasons for using one version over the other. However, when conducting AATCC Home Laundering tests, the type of detergent specified in the method should be used.
Did you realize that the following methods call for AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergent Powder with brightener (W/B)?
- AATCC 88B-2018t Test Method for Seam Smoothness in Fabrics after Home Laundering
- AATCC 88C-2018t Test Method for Crease Retention in Fabrics after Home Laundering
- AATCC 124-2018t Test Method for Smoothness Appearance of Fabrics after Home Laundering
- AATCC 135-2018t Test Method for Dimensional Changes of Fabric after Home Laundering
- AATCC 143-2018t Test Method for Appearance of Apparel and other Textile End Products after Home Laundering
- AATCC 150-2018t Test Method for Dimensional Changes of Garments after Home Laundering
- AATCC 179-2019 Test Method for Skew Changes in Fabric after Home Laundering
- AATCC 207-2019 Test Method for Seam Twist in Garments Before and After Home Laundering
On the other hand, there are methods that require AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergent Powder without optical brightener (WOB) or the liquid alternative. Methods and procedures will call for different materials and reagents. A well-stocked lab should have both AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergent Powder W/B and WOB.
It may be time to replenish your stock of AATCC 1993 Standard Reference Detergents.
Each year the AATCC manual is released. It is best practice to review the methods and procedures to confirm testing practices align with the current version. The 2021 version of the AATCC Manual of International Test Methods and Procedures will be available on January 2, 2021.
If your team needs training or a refresher on home laundering procedures, AATCC now offers an online test method training series covering this and several other testing topics. Check it out at https://www.aatcc.org/events/online/testing/.
AATCC manual and product order information is available at https://www.aatcc.org/products/
Ordering Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org