How Do I Form a Student Chapter?
- You must elect officers; the following are required positions, but you may elect other officer positions as necessary
- To form an AATCC Student Chapter you will need:
- A faculty advisor for the AATCC Student Chapter
- A minimum of 10 AATCC Student Members who have joined the Association (Student Chapters with 15 AATCC Student Members or more receive free membership for their Faculty Advisor)
- AATCC Student Chapters can name themselves anything they would like but must have AATCC in the name (ex: AATCC Fashion Club, AATCC Textile Junkies)
- All Student Chapters must have written bylaws; see an example of bylaws in the Student Chapter Handbook. Student Chapter bylaws must not conflict with AATCC bylaws
- Write a letter of petition (can be emailed) to the Membership Committee and Board of Directors to be recognized as an AATCC Student Chapter. Please include the following:
- Letter indicating that the members wish to form a Chapter
- List of at least 10 current AATCC student members at the school
- Letter from a school faculty member indicating willingness to serve as advisor to the chapter (The proposed advisor must be a current senior or associate member of AATCC.)
- Copy of the chapter bylaws (see Appendix of the Student Chapter for sample)
- The Membership Committee and Board of Directors will vote at the next committee meeting to recognize your club as an official AATCC Student Chapter
- Please see the Student Handbook for more information
- If you have any other questions, please contact Membership Services Representative Manisha Patel or Membership Director Maria Thiry
What benefits do Student Chapters receive from AATCC?
- All AATCC Faculty Advisors for Student Chapters who have 15 or more AATCC Student members by May 1st receive free AATCC Senior membership for one year. Faculty Advisors must contact Membership for free membership.
- Student Chapter officers receive one free AATCC Student membership for one year for ever 15 AATCC Student Members as of the May 1st membership count. The chapter officers must decide which of them receives the free membership (with approval from Faculty Advisor). The students must contact Membership to receive this benefit
- Many AATCC Scholarships are only offered to students attending a school with a Student Chapters.
What kinds of things do AATCC Student Chapters to?
- AATCC has developed a Programs Guide for Student Chapters. This is simply a guide to help you organize programs and to create a successful Student Chapter. These programs are not required by AATCC. You may implement any of these ideas and adapt the programs according to your specific Student Chapter needs. If you have any questions in regards to this Program’s Guide or would like to add any programs please contact AATCC.
How do I keep AATCC updated?
- Student Chapters are encouraged to email AATCC staff meeting minutes, pictures, and other news pertaining to their chapter. We will frequently share these on social media and on our webpage.