2019 AATCC/Runway of Dreams Foundation Student Design Competition
- Design a prom look (male or female) that reimagines fashion and function for a person within the disability spectrum who has ONE of the below conditions:
- limb difference
- cognitive disability
- ambulatory with fine motor challenges
- Online Submission Portal
- Competition Entry Guidelines and Checklist
- Individual/Student Membership (required)
- Memberships must be purchased by December 4, 2018.
Phase I Entries: Due noon US EST, December 7, 2018
Finalists will be notified by January 18, 2019
Finalist Entries: Due noon US EST, March 8, 2019
All winners will be notified by May 2019
- 1st place: Runway of Dreams Foundation will award a minimum of US$5,000 scholarship to the first place winner. The award will be given at Runway of Dreams Annual Fashion Revolution Gala and Fashion Show in NYC in September 2019. The winner will have the opportunity to showcase their design before the top leaders in the fashion industry. Runway of Dreams Foundation will make travel and overnight hotel accommodations for the winner up to US$1,000. Should the winner of the competition be an international student, this stipend will be adjusted accordingly.
- 2nd place: Runway of Dreams Foundation will award a US$2,500 scholarship
- 3rd place: Runway of Dreams Foundation will award a US$1,000 scholarship
- Macy’s will also award the winner with a gift card, a day of shopping/wardrobing with MyStylist for a gala outfit including a session with a make-up artist, and the opportunity to shadow a Macy’s senior level designer to experience a professional working in fashion.
- All winners will receive a written certificate of accomplishment and be publicized on AATCC and Runway of Dreams Foundation platforms including, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- All winners will be asked to submit a short written (one page) or video (2-3 minutes) report describing their academic and creative pursuits in fashion a year following receipt of the scholarship. Scholarship recipients will receive a report reminder in the spring.
- Awards may increase based on available funding
For further information, contact Manisha Patel; +1 919 549 3523