Applications due February 15.
Members of the AATCC Piedmont Section established the Piedmont Section Scholarship and are partnering with AATCC Foundation to promote this scholarship.
For 2020-2021, up to five recipients will be selected. Those attending a four-year college or university in the AATCC Piedmont Section (VA, WV, NC, SC) will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship; the value of two-year colleges or technical schools scholarships will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Two-year or four-year educational institution in the AATCC Piedmont Section (VA, WV, NC, SC)
- Pursuing a career in a technical- or design-related field associated with textiles
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.85/4.00
- US citizen, or legal resident of the US
Additionally, recipients must remain continuously enrolled throughout the academic year unless called for military service or affected by serious illness
Recipients must notify the Foundation of any changes in his or her educational plans, including transfer or change of major. Failure to do so may result in loss of the scholarship.
Students scheduled to co-op for a semester during the same academic year in which the scholarship is received will receive the scholarship upon his/her return to full-time academic enrollment.
Current recipients may reapply for the Piedmont Scholarship in subsequent years. Students must complete the application process each year to be considered.
- Preference to students who are active members of AATCC or an AATCC student chapter
- Honors and awards, including academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Community, church, or service activities
- Work/Employment experience
- SAT or ACT scores (freshmen)
- Personal statement including career goals, commitment to the textile industry, and financial need
Applications due February 15. Applicants will be notified of the committees decision by May 30. The AATCC Piedmont Section Scholarship Committee will work with each college/university to schedule student interviews prior to making final selections.
You may be eligible for this and other AATCC Foundation scholarships. To access and complete the AATCC Foundation scholarship application form, click here.
For questions, contact AATCC Foundation Inc at 919.549.3524 or email Debra Hibbard.