The AATCC Council initiated steps to establish AATCC Foundation Inc during meetings on May 8, 1997. The Foundation, with its own board of directors, operates independently in the furtherance of the charitable mission of the Association. The members of the board of directors represent a broad cross-section of textile, retail, chemical industry experts, and other senior business leaders with interests in many different aspects of textile design, materials, processing, and testing.
The Foundation operates from The AATCC Technical Center located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Because the influence and activities of the Association extend far beyond the borders of North America, the Foundation solicits funds worldwide.
For more information, contact Debra Hibbard; +1.919.549.3524.
- To help promote the science and knowledge of textile design, coloration, materials, processing, and testing
- To promote continued education and provide educational assistance
- To conduct and communicate research (research findings will be available to the general public)
- To develop and promote quality standards for the benefit of the public
- To conduct other charitable activities related to textile science and design
The AATCC Foundation is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes, and is classified by the US Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) (3) organization. Your contribution to the AATCC Foundation Inc may be tax-deductible.
(Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Section at +1.888.830.4989. The License is not an endorsement by the State.)