The AATCC Foundation West Region Scholarship is intended for undergraduate students studying textiles; scholarship is based on student’s citizenship, need, and academic expectancy. A scholarship of $2,000 is offered, half of which will be awarded each applicable fall and spring semester.
Qualifications to be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Rising juniors or seniors pursuing an undergraduate degree in a textile or fashion-related field of study at a public college or university in which an active AATCC student chapter exists (currently University of California-Davis; California State Polytechnic University, Pomona; Central Michigan University; University of Wisconsin-Madison; and University of Nebraska-Lincoln).
- US citizen, eligible for in-state tuition.
- GPA of 2.8 or better.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in school or the community.
- Demonstrated scholastic progress towards the intended degree.
- Financial need.
If you are eligible for this scholarship, please fill out the Scholarship Application Form. In addition to your completed Application Form, the following information is required:
- Resume or Letter of Work Experience (including internships).
- Copy of most recent transcript(s).
- Personal statement, expressing your feelings, aspirations, financial need and concerns, with particular emphasis on your intended career following graduation.
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or professor in the related major.
Applications are due to AATCC by March 31. Schools will be notified of the committee’s selection by or before May 30.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.