AATCC Foundation, Inc. is pleased to collaborate with The Nonwovens Institute on The Nonwovens Institute Student Scholarship Program.
This scholarship is for rising juniors and seniors majoring in fiber and polymer science, textiles, material science, chemical engineering or related disciplines.
The purpose is to support undergraduate students interested in pursuing graduate studies in the area of polymers, fibers or nonwovens. The amount of scholarship is $2,500, and The Nonwovens Institute (NWI) will cover travel and accommodations for the scholarship recipient to attend one of the Institute’s bi-annual Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) meetings (includes a networking reception with industry representatives). In addition, NWI will also cover up to $500 in travel expense reimbursement for the scholarship recipient to attend the AATCC International Conference each year.
All applicants are required to complete the NWI Scholarship Application Form through the AATCC website and write a 2-4 page review paper on one of the nonwoven topics provided below. Individual interviews with qualified students will then be conducted by the Scholarship Selection Committee (can be arranged by phone). The scholarship recipient will be selected by the NWI’s Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) and Selection Committee to receive the $2,500 scholarship, and is required to attend one of NWI’s IAB meetings held in May or November.
For further information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- US citizen, or permanent residents
- Junior or Senior standing
- Pursuing degrees in fiber and polymer science, textiles, material science, chemical engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum total grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above.
- Scholarship review paper.
- Extracurricular activities and Employment experience.
- Interest in pursuing graduate studies in polymers, fibers, or nonwovens.
Scholarship Paper Topics
- Fiber and polymer science
- Review of a nonwoven web formation process
- Use of nonwovens in medical, hygiene, filtration, automotive, construction, geotextiles, or protective applications
- Market intelligence
- Patent review of nonwoven products
Scholarship Application Form & Due Date
If you are eligible for this scholarship, please fill out the Scholarship Application Form. Applications are due AUGUST 15. The scholarship will be awarded in September.