This grant program assists undergraduate and graduate students with research in textile chemistry and on textile-related projects. The purpose is to encourage original research in textile design, materials, processing, and testing. Research findings will be made available to the public and will be used in the education of college and university students. Grants range from $500 to $4,000.
A stipend for up to $500 for travel and/or registration to present the research project at a technical conference will be considered based on the project and the particular event at which the presentation will be made. This stipend will be funded separately by AATCC Foundation upon request and approval. Priority will be given to presentations that will be made at the AATCC International Conference or other AATCC programs. Approval of the travel funds should be received prior to making travel arrangements. Reimbursements of up to $500 will be made once the Foundation receives proper receipts for pre-approved travel expenses.
Guidelines and Application
See Guidelines for Student Research Support Grant Program for information on the application process, the research topics and the travel stipend. To fill out an application form, click here. The deadline to receive applications is September 30.
For further information, contact Dr. Yiqi Yang, Chair, AATCC Foundation Student Research Support Program, University of Nebraska-Lincoln; telephone 402-472-5197, email: email@example.com
All undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Priority to projects that involve laboratory and end-use correlation studies, wet processing research, or other topics identified by the Foundation.
- Importance and practical value to textile science
- Relevancy to current activities, issues, and/or needs of textile processing
- Scientific contributions to the field of textiles
- Experimental design and methodology
- Applicant’s ability to conduct the proposed research
- Feasibility of conducting the proposed research, based on size and scope of project,
facilities, and cost
- Anticipated presentation at technical programs such as the AATCC International Conference, or technical committee meetings, and/or publication in technical textile magazines, journals or conference proceedings
Please submit application form and any additional information to Dr. Yigi Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org .