The AATCC Foundation Metro Scholarship is intended for undergraduate students studying textiles. Metro Scholarship recipient(s) will receive up to $3,000 in scholarship funds, depending on the number of scholarships awarded. The minimum scholarship offered will be $1,000 annually; one-half to be awarded for the fall semester and one-half to be awarded for the spring semester.
Qualifications to be considered include, (but are not limited to):
- Undergraduate students pursuing a degree in a textile field at a university or college in the New England, New York and New Jersey areas with an AATCC student chapter (Buffalo State, Cornell University, Fashion Institute of Technology, University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, University of Rhode Island).
- Demonstrated scholastic progress towards the intended degree. Given this, and the need to apply the scholarship to future study, the recipients will usually be sophomores and juniors at the time of application.
- Financial need.
- Demonstrated work experience and history.
- US citizen.
- A scholarship recipient maintaining a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of greater than 2.5 would be eligible to reapply for a second year of scholarship support.
Eligible students may fill out the Scholarship Application Form
In addition to your application, the following information is required. Applications must have the following documentation in order to be considered for scholarships:
• Resume or Letter of Work Experience (including internships).
• Personal statement, freely expressing your feelings, aspirations, financial need and concerns, with particular emphasis on your intended career following graduation.
• Copy of your most recent transcript.
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 31. The President/Secretary of AATCC Foundation will report to the appropriate school the name of the newly selected recipient in May.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.