The Kanti and Hansa Jasani Family Textile Scholarship is available to Indian students, specifically Indian citizens with a student visa or with permanent residency, who are attending a US university with an AATCC student chapter. The student should be pursuing a career in a field involving textile engineering, textile technology, textile chemistry, textile science, or a related discipline. Recipients will receive a $2,000 scholarship; one half will be awarded for the fall semester, and one half for the spring semester.
An undergraduate or graduate level Indian college student attending an accredited US university with an AATCC student chapter, who is enrolled in a textile-related degree program, and whose career goals are in the fields of textile engineering, textile technology, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline.
As the names of degrees and departments change over time, it is inferred that students do not need to be in an educational programs leading toward a degree in textile chemistry, technology, engineering, polymer, color or dyeing, as those degrees have been changed over the years. It will be left to the sole discretion of the Jasani Family Scholarship Committee to ensure that the worthy nominees are pursuing course work as intended by these Guidelines.
Selections will be based on the following criteria and all selections are final.
- Enrollment at an accredited university.
- Indian Citizen with green card or Indian Citizen with a student visa
- Satisfactory SAT/ACT/TOEFL or GRE scores
- Demonstrated leadership skills in high school, college or the community
- Financial need
- Work experience
Those who satisfy the above criteria are invited to submit a completed Scholarship Application Form. Applications are considered complete if they include the following:
- Resume or letter of work experience (including internships)
- Personal statement of 500 words or less, freely expressing interest in textile or related field, academic and professional aspirations, financial need and expectations, with particular emphasis on intended career following graduation
- Letter of support from teacher or faculty
- Copy of college transcripts (if currently attending college)
Applications are due to AATCC by March 31. Applicants will be notified of the Board of Director’s decision decision by May 30.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.