AATCC Foundation Textile Design Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for undergraduate students taking textile, apparel, or home fashion design courses or programs. The scholarship is based on student’s citizenship or permanent residency, need, and academic expectancy.
Eligibility: Rising freshmen or undergraduate students pursuing courses in a textile field at a university or college in the United States. Preference will be given to students attending a college or university with an AATCC student chapter, but students attending or planning to attend other schools would be considered.
• Demonstrated scholastic progress towards the intended degree.
• Financial need.
• Demonstrated work experience and history.
• US citizen or permanent resident (Green Card).
• A scholarship recipient maintaining a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or greater would be eligible to reapply for a second year of scholarship support. Lower GPA’s would be considered providing there is evidence of a strong academic course load, significant hours of work, or community or campus service activities.
Application: Eligible students may fill out the Scholarship Application Form.
In addition to your application, the following information is required (applications must have the following documentation in order to be considered for scholarships):
• Resume or Letter of Work Experience (including internships).
• Personal statement, freely expressing your feelings, aspirations, financial need and concerns with particular emphasis on your intended career following graduation if decided.
• Copy of your most recent transcripts.
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 31. The President/Secretary of AATCC Foundation will report to the appropriate school the name of the newly selected recipient in May.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.