The AATCC Piedmont Section Scholarship consists of AATCC members from North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia. Members of the AATCC Piedmont Section established the Piedmont Section Scholarship and are partnering with AATCC Foundation to promote this scholarship.
This year, up to five scholarship recipients attending a four-year college or university will be awarded a $3,000 scholarship. If any scholarship recipients are attending a two-year college or technical school, the scholarship amount will be determined by the AATCC Piedmont Section on a case-by-case basis.
The AATCC Foundation Piedmont Section Scholarship is available to students currently attending an undergraduate, two-year or four-year educational institution located within the AATCC Piedmont Section, provided they are pursuing a degree and future career in a technical- or design-related field associated with Textiles. Preference will be given to active student members of AATCC and/or to students who are actively participating in an AATCC student chapter. The student must have a grade point average (GPA) of 2.85 or higher on a 4.0 scale, and must be a US citizen, or legal resident of the US.
Additionally, scholarship recipients
- must remain continuously enrolled throughout the academic year unless called for military service or affected by serious illness.
- must notify the Foundation of any changes in his or her educational plans, including transfer or change of major. Failure to do so may result in loss of the scholarship.
Students scheduled to co-op for a semester during the same academic year in which the scholarship is received will receive the scholarship upon his/her return to full-time academic enrollment.
Selection Criteria. The AATCC Piedmont Section Scholarship Committee will consider the following in selecting scholarship recipients:
- Preference is given to students who are active members of either AATCC or an AATCC student chapter at their college/university.
- Honors and awards, including academic achievement
- Extracurricular activities
- Community, church, or service activities
- Work/Employment experience
- SAT or ACT scores (freshmen)
- Personal statement including career goals, commitment to the textile industry, and financial need
- Copy of student applicant’s transcript
Reapply for Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for scholarship, provided a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.85 or higher is maintained. Scholarship recipients wishing to reapply for the scholarship must complete a new application and submit a current transcript to be considered for renewal of the scholarship.
Piedmont Section Scholarship Committee
The AATCC Piedmont Section Scholarship Committee will work with each college/university to schedule student interviews, prior to making their final selections. Announcement of scholarship recipient(s) will be made by AATCC Foundation and posted under the AATCC Piedmont Section webpage.
Those who satisfy the above criteria are invited to submit a completed Scholarship Application Form.
Applications must be completed and submitted by FEBRUARY 15. The Foundation president will notify recipients of their reward by May 30.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.