The Darsey Family Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship available to students enrolled in a textile-related and/or fashion design related program at a US university with an AATCC student chapter. The student should be pursuing a career in a field involving textile design, merchandising, manufacturing, technology or science. Recipients will receive one half of the award for the fall semester, and one half for the spring semester.
A rising Junior or Senior undergraduate, or graduate-level college student attending an accredited US university with an AATCC student chapter, who is enrolled in a textile-related program, and whose career goals are in the fields of textile engineering, textile design or merchandising, textile technology, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline.
Selections will be based on the following criteria, and all selections are final:
* Enrollment at an accredited university with an AATCC Student Chapter
* Enrollment in a textile-related program
* US citizen
* Current GPA
* Demonstrated Accomplishments
* Financial need
* Work experience
Those who satisfy the above criteria are invited to submit a Scholarship Application Form. Applications are considered complete if they include the following:
* Resume or letter of work experience, including internships and extra-curricular activities
* Personal statement of 500 words or less, freely expressing: interest in textile or related field; academic and professional aspirations (with particular emphasis on intended career following graduation); financial need and expectations
* Letter of support from teacher or faculty
* Copy of college transcripts
Applications are due by March 31. Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by May 30.
For questions, please contact AATCC Foundation, Inc. at 919/549-3524 or email Debra Hibbard.