The American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) Council initiated steps to establish AATCC Foundation, Inc. during Association meetings on May 8, 1997. The Foundation, with its own board of directors, operates independently and in the furtherance of the charitable mission of the Association. The members of the board of directors represent a broad cross-section of textile, retail, chemical industry experts, and other senior business leaders with interests in many different aspects of textile design, materials, processing, and testing.
The Foundation operates from The AATCC Technical Center located in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Because the influence and activities of the Association extend far beyond the borders of North America, the Foundation solicits funds worldwide.
For more information, contact Debra Hibbard at +1.919.549.3524.
Bylaws of AATCC Foundation Inc. (Amended February 16, 2010)
- To help promote the science and knowledge of textile design, coloration, materials, processing, and testing
- To promote continued education and provide educational assistance
- To conduct and communicate research (research findings will be available to the general public)
- To develop and promote quality standards for the benefit of the public
- To conduct other charitable activities related to textile science and design