Learn customer expectations, test procedures, and
data interpretation from industry experts. Lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on practice.
Date of Next Workshop TBA
(details listed below are from the October 3-4, 2018 workshop)
This workshop will provide an overview of the performance technology associated with moisture management and discuss the test methods needed to evaluate your products’ performance claims. Industry experts will share information regarding customer expectations as well as data interpretation from standard and customized tests.
If you are responsible for product evaluation, specifications, and quality control for apparel and textile materials, this workshop is designed for you. The 2-day program will consist of lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on participation.
Speakers and topics confirmed to date include:
- Let’s Talk Moisture Management: What, Why and How – Steve Simonson, International Textile Group Inc.
- Moisture Management from a Brand’s Perspective – Gregg Woodcock, HanesBrands Inc.
- AATCC Test Method 79, Absorbency of Textiles – Diana Wyman, AATCC
- AATCC Test Methods 197, Vertical Wicking of Textiles and 198, Horizontal Wicking of Textiles – Erika Simmons, HanesBrands Inc.
- AATCC Test Method 195, Liquid Moisture Management Properties of Textile Fabrics – John Crocker, SDL Atlas LLC
- Breathability/Permeability – Emiel DenHartog, TPACC, North Carolina State University
- Moisture Management: What Matters? – Haskell Beckham, Columbia Sportswear
- AATCC Test Method 199, Drying Time of Textiles: Moisture Analyzer Method – Carla MacClamrock, Cotton Incorporated
- AATCC Test Methods 200, Drying Rate of Textiles at their Absorbent Capacity: Air Flow Method and 201, Drying Rate of Fabric: Heated Plate Method – Daniel Howe, Thermetrics LLC
- AATCC Test Method 204, Water Vapor Transmission of Textiles: Method Overview and Recommended Applications – Erika Simmons, HanesBrands Inc.
|AATCC Individual & Corporate* Members||Nonmembers|
|Early Registration (by Sept. 18)||US$705||US$1049|
|Regular Registration (after Sept. 18)||US$755||US$1099|
|*If your company is a corporate member of AATCC, you must download the registration form and register offline to receive the member price.|
Brochure (includes program timetable)
Attendance is limited; early registration is encouraged.
Registration includes luncheons, break refreshments, and a copy of available presentations.
Refunds will be honored if cancellations are received on or before September 18, 2018. No refunds will be given after September 18. A US$75 cancellation fee will be charged.
Hotel Indigo Durham
151 Tatum Drive
Durham, NC 27703
Contact the hotel directly and request the AATCC group rate. The group rate will be available until September 19, 2018 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Once the room block is filled the group rate will NOT be honored.
By attending this meeting, you give the Association consent to use any photos, videos, or images of you or
your likeness in any Association media or materials.
By registering for this event, you agree to have your name and contact information included on the list of attendees. This list will be provided to all participants of this event.