Managing Today’s Textile Coloration Challenges: From Fiber to Fashion Conference
September 13-14, 2017
Hilton University Place, Charlotte, NC
This program is designed to bring together brands, retailers, mills and suppliers to hear both sides of the story and work together to understand each other’s challenges and propose effective ideas. Conference sessions include: Color, Performance and Cost—the Bermuda Triangle for the Brand/Retailer; What Fibers are You Dyeing and How: Best Practices; Modern Coloration Methods and Sustainability; and Emerging Trends and Markets.
Confirmed topics and speakers include:
- Challenges Faced by a Brand: A 20,000-foot Perspective – Mike Abbott, HanesBrands
- Piecing Together the Color Puzzle-Fashion, Performance, Sustainability – Bryan Dill, Archroma US Inc.
- Cotton: Minimizing Inputs for Maximum Results – Mary Ankeny, Cotton Incorporated
- Dyeing Cotton and Cellulosic Fibers – Begin with the End in Mind – Ron Pedemonte, DyStar LP
- Polyester – The Chameleon of the Modern Textile World – Chad Bolick, Unifi Manufacturing, Inc.
- Dyeing Polyester and Key Polyester Blends – Nelson Houser, M. Dohmen USA
- Nylon Overview and Recent Challenges in the Nylon Raw Material Supply Chain – Harrie Schoots, Ascend Performance Materials LLC
- Dyeing Polyamide Fibers and Blends – Pat Browne, Huntsman Textile Effects
- Understanding Dyeing Equipment – Barry Brady, Organic Dyes and Pigments
- Digital Textile Printing – Status Update – Kerry King, Spoonflower Inc.
- Water, Energy, and Color in the Dyehouse: Where Does It Go? – Chuck Stewart, Eastman Chemical Co.
- Repreve: Quality through Consistency in Recycled Fibers – Alex Gudac, Unifi Manufacturing Inc.
- Reshoring Apparel in the Carolinas – Eric Henry, TS Designs
- The Challenge of Reducing Our Material Footprint – Matt Swartz, Patagonia
- Environmental Risk and Sustainability – Are We Just Treading Water – Henry Boyter, Center for Environmentally Sustainable Textile and Apparel Businesses (CESTAB) and Joe Rinkevich, Scivera
- Matching Heather Fabrics – What Could be Easier? – Keith Hoover
- Keys to the Future of Smart Textiles – Allison Bowles, North Carolina State University
- Ultra-Portable Color Measurement – Ken Butts, Datacolor
- Performance Proliferation—The Next Chapter in Apparel – Jimmy Rowe, Cotton Incorporated
Program updates will be posted to this site as available.
|AATCC Individual & Corporate* Members||Nonmembers|
(August 29, 2017)
|*If your company is a corporate member of AATCC, you must download the registration form and register offline to receive the member price.|
|AATCC offers complimentary registration to student members, space permitting; attendance confirmed 10 days out from event (does not include food & beverage functions). Nonmember students may attend at a cost of US$125 (includes food & beverage functions). To register contact Kim Nicholson.|
Refunds will be honored if cancellations are received on or before September 5, 2017. No refunds will be given after September 5. A US$75 cancellation fee will be charged.
Pre-registration is closed. You may register on-site at the Hilton University Place in Charlotte, NC.
Online Registration Registration Form (fillable PDF Form* using Adobe Reader)
Brochure (includes program timetable)
*Please Note: If you are using Google Chrome as your browser and the PDF fillable form “Email Form” button does not work you may need to do the following:
- Open Google Chrome and go to settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Under Privacy (Click on Content Settings)
- Scroll down to PDF Documents and enable “Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application”
Otherwise, you may complete the form, save it, and return it via email attachment to Kim Nicholson.
You are invited to join us as a tabletop exhibitor at our evening reception on Wednesday, September, 13.
The tabletop exhibits will be open during the reception from 5:30 – 7:00 pm. Each exhibitor will be provided with a 6’ draped table for displaying their products and services. Displays need to be confined to the surface of the tabletop. The fee for the tabletop is US$300. In order to sponsor a tabletop display you must be registered to attend the program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to reach potential customers. To reserve your tabletop complete and return the tabletop reservation form.
Hilton University Place
8629 J.M. Keynes Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28262
Contact the hotel directly and request the AATCC group rate of US$159/night. The group rate will be available until August 22, 2017, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Once the room block is filled the group rate will NOT be honored.