Achieving Comfort, Safety and Protection with Proper Finishing
September 11-12, 2018
Sheraton Imperial Hotel
Durham, N.C., USA
Finishing of yarns, fabrics, and garments has rapidly advanced from the days of “feels good” and “doesn’t shrink” to providing the wearer greater functionality and performance. The more active generation looks for comfort, performance, flexibility, and durability in their garments – and these characteristics achieved with environmentally safe and sustainable technology. This conference being held September 11-12 in Durham, North Carolina will introduce the attendees to the latest finishing technologies to achieve comfort, safety, and protection.
Confirmed topics and speakers include:
- Performance and Comfort: A Brand’s Perspective – Mike Abbott, HanesBrands Inc.
- Moisture Management for Cooling and Comfort – Timothy Skedzuhn, HeiQ
- Testing Fabric Moisture Management Aspects to Enhance Comfort – Emiel DenHartog, North Carolina State University
- Leveraging Cosmetic Technology to Achieve Wash-Durable Cooling Effects on Textiles – Tastex Cool on Demand – René Hermse, TANATEX Chemicals BV
- New Devils in the Details – Henry Boyter, CESTAB LLC
- Greener Chemistry – The Case for Transparency, Traceability, and Collaboration – John Frazier, Hohenstein
- Product Chemical Integrity in the Advent of Radical Transparency – Kevin Myette, bluesign technologies ag
- Lowering and Eliminating Formaldehyde in the Crosslinking of Cotton Fabrics – Matt Farrell, Cotton Incorporated
- Microfiber Pollution – Louann Spirito, SGS Consumer and Retail Services
- Flame Retardant Coatings and Chemistries for Fabrics – Alex Morgan, University of Dayton
- An Overview of Flame Resistance Testing for Protective Clothing – Alex Hummel, UL LLC
- Approaches to Offering Comfortable and Protective Outerwear – Mustafa Arifoglu, W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Permethrin Treatment for Personal Protection – Amy Johnson, Natick Soldier RDE Center
- Stopping the Stink. It All Comes Down to Chemistry!: Freshness & Odor Protection in Textiles – Karel Williams and David Frattarelli, Dow Chemical
- A Palette of Protection – Georg Lang, Archroma U.S. Inc.
- Total Odor Control: Controlling Permastink Polyester Fabrics – Darrell Burnette, Sanitized
- Plasma Treatment and Plasma Applications for Textiles – Carrie Cornelius, APJeT Inc.
- Mechanical Surface Finishing – Len Farias, Dye Rite LLC
- Laser Etching: Sparking Creativity – Katelyn Lee, Cotton Incorporated
- The Future Importance of Foam-Based Finishing/Dyeing a Truly Sustainable Approach to New Products the Green Way – Christoph Aurich, Gaston Systems, Inc.
- Adding Value and Performance via Garment Finishing – Mike Tyndall, Tyndall Textile Consulting, LLC
- Step out of the Dark and Into the Light – Bruce Griffin, Huntsman
Individuals registering on or before August 27 pay US$785 (US$525 for AATCC individual and corporate members) After August 27 the registration fee increases to US$575 for AATCC members and US$835 for nonmembers.
AATCC student members receive complimentary registration (does not include food & beverage functions) if space permits. Availability confirmed 10 days out from the event. The nonmember student registration fee is US$125 (includes food & beverage functions).
Refunds will be honored if cancellations are received on or before September 3, 2018. No refunds will be given after September 3. A US$75 cancellation fee will be charged.
Tabletop Exhibit Opportunities
You are invited to join us as a tabletop exhibitor at our evening reception on Tuesday, September, 11.
The tabletop exhibits will be open during the reception from 5:00 – 6:30 pm. Each exhibitor will be provided with a 6’ draped table for displaying their products and services. Displays need to be confined to the surface of the tabletop. The fee for the tabletop is US$300. In order to sponsor a tabletop display you must be registered to attend the program.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to reach potential customers. To reserve your tabletop complete and return the tabletop reservation form.
Room block cutoff – August 13, 5:00 PM (EDT)
Sheraton Imperial Hotel
4700 Emperor Blvd.
I-40 at Exit 282 (Page Rd.)
Durham, NC 27703
Use the link above, or contact the hotel directly and request the AATCC group rate of $153/night. The group rate will be available until 5:00 pm (EDT) on August 13, 2018, or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first. Once the room block is filled the group rate will NOT be honored.
Please note: The Sheraton Imperial is a smoke free property. The hotel will post a $200 cleaning fee to the account of any guests who smoke in their guest room.