Face Coverings Standard
AATCC M14-2020 Guidance and Considerations for General Purpose Textile Face Coverings: Adult is now a standard AATCC monograph. The official standard is available for download from the AATCC website. Along with other AATCC standards used for personal protective equipment (PPE) testing, AATCC M14 is offered at no cost.
Considerations included in AATCC M14 are intended to help manufacturers more efficiently design and produce face coverings for general purpose (non-medical) use. The monograph may also serve as a useful resource for those sourcing face coverings for general use.
- Regulatory Considerations
- Fit and Sizing Considerations
- Material and Construction Considerations
- Particle Filtration Considerations
- Breathing Resistance Considerations
- Laundering and Service Life Considerations
- Tie and Ear Loop Considerations
- Product Labeling and Marking Considerations
New Research Committee
AATCC M14 and related standards are developed and maintained by AATCC committee RA113 Emerging Technologies Test Methods. As with all AATCC committees, participation is open to all interested parties.