Given the COVID-19 crisis and related government recommendations of face covering use in public settings, guidance was developed to provide information to manufacturers. Considerations and recommendations are intended to help manufacturers more efficiently design and produce face coverings for general purpose (non-medical) use.
The draft was compiled by an ad-hoc task group of industry stakeholders. It is currently being balloted as an AATCC monograph. In the meantime, the draft is available for public use and comment.
This document contains voluntary guidance and practical options for:
- Regulatory Considerations
- Fit and Sizing Considerations
- Material and Construction Considerations
- Particle Filtration Considerations
- Breathing Resistance Considerations
- Laundering and Service Life Considerations
- Tie and Ear Loop Considerations
- Product Labeling and Marking Considerations
To submit comments or questions, contact Diana Wyman, AATCC Executive Vice President or any of the task group members listed on the cover sheet of the draft monograph.