AFLA Nomination Form (due March 31)
AATCC seeks to recognize promising young professionals in the fields of textiles, apparel, and related material sciences, give them acknowledgment and recognition to enhance their careers, engage these young professionals in the work of the Association, and bring their insights and needs to the forefront. These young professionals are the future of our industry and the future leaders of AATCC.
Criteria for the award:
- Nominee must be 39 years old or younger and actively engaged in the greater textile or related industries; Display leadership skills
- History of service to AATCC and/or the greater textile and related industries
- Desire to become more involved with the objectives of AATCC: to increase expertise, encourage research, and establish channels for the interchange of professional knowledge
- Nominees must agree to join the AATCC Young Professionals Committee to win the award (and must participate, as their professional commitments allow, in the work of the committee); this service may begin the same year the award is presented
- Be a senior member of AATCC and a voting member of one of the AATCC Interest Groups (Individual may join AATCC to be considered for the nomination)
Only a senior member of the Association may nominate a candidate; self-nominations are acceptable.
The award includes a framed certificate signed by the AATCC president and the Interest Group (IG) chairs. It is presented at AATCC’s International Conference (IC). Additional award benefits include:
-Award certificate & pin
-AATCC International Conference registration for the year of the award
-Recognition during IC, including:
-Plaques & pins presented to the winners
-Special badges for the winners
-Display of the award poster (with all award winner photos)
-Participation in the VIP cocktail event before the Awards Luncheon, including a formal photo with award certificate
-AATCC Review article, with bios and photos of winners
-Press releases about the award and winners
-Mention in the AATCC News newsletter and AATCC social media
-One-year free individual membership in AATCC (this will be a free renewal of membership for one year; AATCC does not offer membership refunds)
To help the winner spread the word about AATCC, they may share a one-year free trial individual membership in AATCC a colleague who is a fellow young professional and has not yet been a member of AATCC.