For Immediate Release
AATCC Foundation Accepting Scholarship Applications through March 31, 2021
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., USA, February 2, 2021— The following AATCC Foundation Inc. scholarships are for undergraduate students in textile-related programs at colleges and universities across the country. Students can apply for multiple scholarships through a single online application form. Deadline to receive applications is March 31, 2021.
- The Charles E. Gavin III Family Scholarship offers a $6,000 scholarship to students attending Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Materials Science and Engineering.
- Corporate Member Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for the children of AATCC corporate member employees. In particular, this scholarship focuses on high school seniors who are applying for acceptance at a college or university, and plan to study textile related topics. The scholarship recipient must attend a college or university that has an AATCC student chapter.
- Darsey Family Scholarship is a $1,500 scholarship available to students enrolled in a textile-related and/or fashion design related program at a US university with an AATCC student chapter.
- Delaware Valley Section Scholarship is a $500 scholarship for members of the AATCC Delaware Valley Section (DE, MD, NJ, PA), as well as their spouses, children, and grandchildren. Undergraduate students studying textiles at a school in the Delaware Valley section are also eligible.
- Gordon and Marjorie Osborne Scholarship is a $5,000 per year scholarship that supports students pursuing a career or performing coursework in textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline.
- Kanti & Hansa Jasani Family Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship available to Indian students, specifically Indian citizens with a student visa or with permanent residency, who are attending a US university. The student should be pursuing a career in a field involving textile engineering, textile technology, textile design, textile chemistry, textile science, or a related discipline. Minimum scholarship awards will be $1,000.
- Martin J. Bide University of Rhode Island Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship for undergraduate students studying Textile Fashion, Merchandising and Design at the University of Rhode Island.
- Metro Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship for students attending schools with AATCC student chapters in New England, New York, or New Jersey.
- National Council of Textile Organizations (NCTO) Paul T. O’Day Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship that will be awarded per academic year up to four years, for a cumulative scholarship of $20,000. To be eligible for the Paul T. O’Day Scholarship, a parent or guardian must be an employee of an NCTO member company and/or organization. Applicants may pursue any area of study supportive of the American fiber industry.
- Textiles-Fibrous Materials Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for undergraduate students taking material science courses or programs associated with fibrous materials.
- Textile Chemistry Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for undergraduate students taking textile chemistry, polymer and color chemistry, or related courses/programs.
- Textile Design Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for undergraduate students taking textile, apparel, or home fashion design courses or programs.
- Textile Merchandising Scholarship is a $3,000 scholarship intended for undergraduate students taking textile merchandising, management, and retail related courses or programs.
- West Region Scholarship is a $2,000 scholarship that supports undergraduate students studying a textile- or fashion-related field at a public college or university in the AATCC’s Western Region, where an active AATCC student chapter exists.
- Percy W. Woodruff Jr. Textile Manufacturing Scholarship is a $2,500 scholarship designed to support a non-traditional undergraduate student at Clemson University.
The Foundation also offers two graduate fellowships for Ph.D. candidates at Clemson University and North Carolina State University.
- Connelly/Perkins Graduate Fellowship is a $5,000 fellowship offered to U.S. students pursuing their Ph.D. degrees in fibrous and polymeric materials at the Clemson University Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE).
- Grady, Hauser, Houser Daniels Graduate Fellowship is a $5,000 fellowship awarded to a graduate student, who is a U.S. citizen, pursuing a Ph.D. in Fiber and Polymer Science in the Wilson College of Textiles at North Carolina State University.
To apply for AATCC Foundation scholarships and fellowships, go to the AATCC Foundation website at www.aatcc.org/foundation/
AATCC Foundation is building the future of textiles.
About AATCC Foundation: Established in 1997, AATCC Foundation, Inc. operates to further the charitable mission of the Association, promoting the science and knowledge of textile design, coloration, materials, processing, and testing through research and education. AATCC Foundation, Inc. seeks ways to develop and promote quality standards throughout the world.
The AATCC Foundation is organized and operated exclusively for charitable purposes and is classified by the US Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c) (3) organization. Your contribution to the AATCC Foundation Inc. may be tax deductible. (Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the NC State Solicitation Licensing Section at +1 888 830 4989. The License is not an endorsement by the State of NC.)
# # #
Debra Hibbard | Executive Assistant
AATCC | 1 Davis Drive | Technical Center
PO Box 12215 | Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2115 | USA
Office: +1.919.549.3524 | Fax: +1.919.549.8933 | Headquarters: +1.919.549.8141
Email: email@example.com | www.aatcc.org
AATCC News Releases: www.aatcc.org/pubs/press-releases