AATCC FSU Student Chapter Update
By Eliza Mosman
President, AATCC of FSU
Here is an update for the FSU Student Chapter.
Meetings held– 3, they are bi-weekly
- Sephora Social- A private beauty class for our members that taught us how to create a professional look for interviews/work.
- Atlanta Apparel Mart- 19 student members traveled to Atlanta to attend the Apparel Mart. We toured the building, interacted with vendors and got to watch fashion shows. It was a great opportunity for members to get an inside look at the world of buying and wholesale.
- Career Fair/Scholarship Dinner Prep.-We had a presentation on how to conquer the Career Fair and Scholarship Dinner. Members got to practice interacting in a professional manner and got to ask our speaker about any questions they had.
- Upcoming Activities- Trunk or Treat- AATCC of FSU will visiting a local church/homeless shelter to participate in trunk or treat. This is where children trick or treat out of car trunks rather than houses.
- Upcoming Activities- Private Shopping Party- We will be having a private shopping party at a local boutique. This is a fun way for members to learn about local businesses and interact with one another.
- Upcoming Activities- Fall Fashion Show. This show is a great way for members to gain experience in either styling, clothing management, model management and public relations. It is also a super fun event that people look forward to working in and attending.
- AATCC could help our student chapter by providing funding, which is coming. AATCC could also maybe organize/arrange for guest speakers from the industry to come speak at student chapters. They could be from local businesses/companies.