For Immediate Release
2020 “Fashion for All” Student Design Competition
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, NC, USA; LIVINGSTON, NJ, USA, April 27, 2020—AATCC and the Runway of Dreams Foundation are delighted to announce the winners of the 2020 AATCC and Runway of Dreams Foundation Fashion for All Student Design Competition!
The 2020 theme challenged students to transform a current stylish, on-trend look that reimagines fashion and function for persons with dwarfism.
Winners and Awards:
Four entries qualified as finalists. Based on the quality and merit of each finalist’s entry, the Runway of Dreams Foundation will award scholarships to the following students for their work:
- 1st Place – Open to All by Mary Brakefield from University of Tennessee. She will be awarded a $5,000 The prize will be presented at the Runway of Dreams Fashion Revolution Runway Show and Gala during NYFW 2021 (with up to $1,000 travel and lodging stipend).
- 2nd Place—The Autumn Worksuit by Anna Roth from Oregon State University. She will be awarded a $2,500
- 3rd Place— Sunset Glow by Yunjie Luo from North Carolina State University, Wilson College of Textiles. She will be awarded a $1,000
- Honorable Mention— Lazulite Sky Concerto by Rujie Wang from North Carolina State University, Wilson College of Textiles. She will be awarded a $500 scholarship
Congratulations to all!
Developers and Judges:
- Mindy Scheier, Founder and CEO, Runway of Dreams Foundation
- Rebecca Baeurle, Executive Director, Runway of Dreams Foundation
- Kerry King, Vice President, R&D at Spoonflower, Inc.
- Martha Carper, Retired, Dupont Company
- Julie Katzenberger, Director, QA Management LLC
About AATCC: AATCC is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921. AATCC, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, USA, provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for members in about 50 countries throughout the world.
About Runway of Dreams Foundation: Runway of Dreams is a nonprofit organization that works to ensure people of all abilities have access to fashionable, functional apparel that meet both their physical needs and personal style. Through adaptive clothing donations and wardrobe grants, major media awareness campaigns, adaptive runway shows, college clubs and scholarships programs, Runway of Dreams is empowering people with disabilities with opportunity, confidence, independence, and style through a movement of inclusion in the fashion industry.
# # #
Manisha Patel | Corporate & Student Membership Specialist
1 Davis Drive | PO Box 12215 | Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2115 | USA
Office: +1.919.549.549.3523 | Fax: +1.919.549.8933 | Headquarters: +1.919.549.8141
Email: email@example.com | www.aatcc.org/
AATCC News Releases: https://www.aatcc.org/pubs/press-releases/
If you do not wish to receive information regarding AATCC activities,
please send a message including your email address to AATCC.