Other Testing Resources
AATCC provides access to a wealth for knowledge about all areas of textile testing and evaluation, but the best source of information is the test methods themselves. Be sure to read and follow all instructions, notes, and warnings. Always use the most current version of the method. Note any modifications to the standard procedure.
Order AATCC Test Methods & Technical Manual
A special section of the AATCC Technical Manual includes information on special topics relevant to textiles testing. These monographs are also provided below at no charge.
- M1 AATCC Standard Reference Detergent and Laundry Detergents in General
- M2 AATCC Standard Reference Liquid Laundry Detergent
- M3 High Efficiency Washers in North America
- M4 Overview of Liquid Fabric Softeners used in Home Laundering
- M5 Standardization of Hand Laundering for Fabrics and Apparel
- M6 2012 Standardization of Home Laundry Test Conditions
- M7 Standard Laboratory Practice for Home Laundering Fabrics Prior to Flammability Testing to Differentiate Between Durable and Non-Durable Finishes
- M9 A Summary of ASTM Methods for Interlaboratory Testing
- M10-Barré: Visual Assessment Descriptive Terms and Terminology
- A Glossary of AATCC Standard Terminology
AATCC LinkedIn Group
Another quick way to get input from colleagues in the industry is to start a discussion on the AATCC LinkedIn Group. AATCC also hosts subgroups for more specialized exchange of knowledge.
Environment & Sustainability Subgroup
Materials Discussion Subgroup
Concept 2 Consumer® Subgroup
Join AATCC on Facebook for updates on Association events and activities, plus photos and other fun stuff.
AATCC Facebook Page
Find potential customers, vendors, employers, or consultants. Search by name, company, or location. Available only to AATCC members.
Every article published by AATCC since 1969. All searchable by keyword, author, and publication date. Available to AATCC members.
© 2011, American Association of Textile
Chemists and Colorists