Spectrophotometer calibration is vital to accurate color measurement. And accurate measurement of textile color requires a textile standard.
If you have overused, mishandled, or lost a calibration standard prior to its printed expiration date, you may order a replacement standard. Its expiration date will be the same as that of your current standard.
Receive a new textile standard every six months to calibrate the ultraviolet (UV) energy of your spectrophotometer lamp.
The fluorescent whitening agents (FWAs) used in textiles have different UV absorption properties than those used for plastics and other non-textile materials. Calibration with the AATCC textile standard improves inter-instrument agreement for textile measurements over calibration with the white plaque supplied by the spectrophotometer manufacturer. When retailer, brand, and manufacturer numbers agree, everyone can be more confident in approval decisions!
Each order includes two shipments—the first within three weeks of purchase, another six months later. Each shipment contains:
- One certified textile UV calibration standard (TUVCS) with known CIE Whiteness value, traceable to a national standardizing lab
- Certificate of Traceability
- AATCC Evaluation Procedure 11: Spectrophotometer UV Energy Calibration Procedure for Optically Brightened Textiles
A single reference standard may be used to calibrate up to three instruments in the same facility.
1-year subscription (2 shipments) US$300
Replacement standard* US$100, plus shipping
*Replacement available ONLY to currently enrolled labs that have overused, mishandled, or lost a calibration standard prior to its printed expiration date.
Multiple Subscription Discount
Organizations calibrating multiple instruments can save 15% by purchasing 3 or more reference fabrics AT THE SAME TIME.
- Purchase may be for multiple sites or supply chain partners, but must be shipped to the same address. Customer is responsible for distribution of specimens to additional sites.
- Multiple orders must be submitted together using the downloadable order form—discount cannot be processed online.
Organizations ordering additional subscriptions (not renewals) before their current subscription is expired must also use the downloadable order form. Discount is not applicable.
Wire Transfer Payments
- Customers paying by wire transfer must use the downloadable order form. Only credit card payments are accepted online.
- An additional US$30 is required for each order paid by wire transfer, to cover bank fees.
For questions about UV Calibration, please contact Remington Scott.