Submission Guidelines for AATCC Review Applied Technology Articles
Updated September 2013
|Submit your manuscript text, figures, and tables as email attachments to Ann Holland.|
Applied Technology articles serve the global textile industry, sharing innovative and practical advances in textile technology and research on a broad range of current textile design, materials, processing, and merchandising interests
- Have a "real world" practical application
- Be educational—not promotional
- Be original work
Articles must not:
- Obviously promote a particular commercial product or technology. (When such a product or technology is the main subject of the article, discussion of alternate or precursor products or technologies is strongly encouraged.)
- Use disparaging or promotional comparisons involving commercially-named products or technologies.
Please fill out a Copyright Form.
- All work must be accompanied by a signed copyright form.
- Papers submitted to AATCC Review may not be submitted elsewhere for publication without the express written consent of AATCC. (Requests to reprint published material or to use published data and research in future works are generally granted with a written petition. Please contact the Publications Director.)
- Previously published work will not be considered and is a violation of the copyright agreement.
- Conference papers previously published only in the AATCC Book of Papers may be submitted.
- Authors must provide written permission to AATCC for any previously published text, tables, figures, and photographs used in their work.
- Authors must also provide written permission from a photographer and each person shown (or his/her guardian) in any photograph submitted.
- Any logical arrangement of the paper is acceptable.
- An abstract is not required for applied technology articles; however, an introductory paragraph describing for the reader, the practical use for which the illustrated product or technology may be used, is highly recommended.
- All works should include a summary paragraph that sums up the findings of the author's research and its practical application to the textile community.
- Manuscripts including text, figures, photos, tables, captions, and references should be no longer than 10 double-spaced 8.5-inch by 11-inch pages (2,000 words of text or less).
- Graphics (tables, figures, graphs, charts, photos, line art, etc.) are encouraged and appreciated.
- Graphics should be submitted as individual files, in their original formats, and separate from the text.
- Graphics must have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher to print clearly.
- Printed photographs are accepted if they are clear, glossy prints at least 3.5 inches by 5 inches.
- Figures should be labeled and referred to using Arabic numerals (e.g., Fig. 1, Fig. 2, etc.)
- Tables must be submitted in spreadsheet or table format-no spaces, no tabs and should be labeled and referred to using Roman numerals (e.g., Table I, Table II, etc.)
- References should be referenced according to the The ACS Style Guide published by Oxford University Press. For textile industry terminology/abbreviations not covered in The ACS Style Guide, refer to the “AATCC Style Guide for Writing Test Methods” in the most recent issue of the AATCC Technical Manual. See sample reference list below.
- References should be numbered consecutively with superscript Arabic numerals in the proper place within the text.
- References should list beginning and ending page numbers of the cited article or chapter.
- If a reference is used more than once, the original reference number should be repeated unless a new chapter is referenced.
*Note: Reference Example 1. above is an example of a typical scientific journal and periodical article reference format. Last name, first name for all author names followed by semicolon. The final author name not followed by semicolon. No punctuation between title and date—unless last word in title abbreviated. Date and following comma are both bold for journal articles only. Volume in italics, issue number in parentheses. No “pp” preceding page numbers for journal articles.
A complete correspondence address must be included with each manuscript, including: name, company or institution, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, and email address.
To submit your manuscript (as an email attachment) or ask questions about manuscript submission, please contact Ann Holland, Manuscript Review Coordinator, AATCC, PO Box 12215, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA; fax +1.919.549.8933.
For authors whose native language is not English, it may be helpful to get writing assistance before submitting a paper. Contact a local university for resources.
You may also work with American
Journal Experts (AJE). Authors who contact AJE through the link on this
page receive a $20 discount off the regular editing fees. Please
note that working with AJE or another language service does not guarantee
acceptance of your paper for publication. Language editing
simplifies the job of the reviewer and helps avoid confusion about your research.
© 2011, American Association of Textile
Chemists and Colorists